Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catchup From 2008 (Its Finally Finished!)


I Finally got the sweater finished right before Christmas. It ended up working out well, not being too big or too small and no major disasters happened before I sent it. I couldn't stop taking pictures of it once I was done; it was like it was my child. Guess where the people live who ordered it? Hawaii. I'm not kidding, how crazy is that? I think its a sign.
The woman who ordered it gave it to her grandfather who just had his 70th wedding aniversery. The reason he wanted a wool sweater in Hawaii? To sit by the ocean and mend his fishing nets of course. She even sent me a photo of him in the sweater. Its hilarious; I think I'm going to frame it.

4 comments:

Annie said...

JESS!!!! That man is adorable. And the sweater looks incredible. You are talented, my friend!

Hope said...

How appropriate that your sweater went to a little old native Hawaiian. I think you deserve some kind of Crunchy Hippie award :-)

Jeanné said...

AHHH!!!! Your sweater is absolutely amazing! In other words, you are amazing!!! Wow! You must be so happy! I totally thing you should frame it! Ahh!!! And, hmm, Hawaii.....interesting =P

I'm so proud of you and your sweater knitting skills. It's amazing!!

kalaloa said...

That's my Grand-dad!!! He passed away last year and I was looking for a picture of a fishing net to put on his headstone and this picture popped up on google. Thank you. It was fun for me to see. I miss him.